In recent times, charities and not-for-profit organisations are faced with many challenges. Increasing governance and regulation means that local authorities now require high levels of Insurance coverage to be evidenced.
Finding the right insurance product to meet these requirements can be difficult. The insurance market offering specialist coverage remains in short supply. It is also vital that your insurance advisor fully understands your exposures and designs an insurance programme that will offer protection whilst meeting local authority requirements. Funding is in short supply these days, therefore, premiums need to represent good value also.
How can we help?
- Extensive experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Specialist advice
- Risk management
- In-house claims service
- On-going personal service
We’ve put together a brief guide to the coverage available, highlights the core covers that should be considered. There are also many bespoke additional covers and extensions available.
- General Liability, including Public, Products & Employers liability Insurance
- Cover for “Abuse” – can be Claims Occurring basis to meet requirements
- Retroactive Cover, case specific
- Employers Liability Cover extends to include “Volunteers”
- Professional Liability – includes, Assessments, Counselling, Design of Care Programmes, Education, Training & Publishing
- Management Liability – Legal Liability as Governor, Director, Officer or Trustee
- Crisis Management – Public Relations costs for adverse media attention
- Property – Buildings, Tenants Improvements, Contents, Computers & Personal Effects
- Specified All Risks cover for example; Portable Business Equipment
- Business Interruption – Loss of Revenue and or Increased Cost of Working
- Loss of Money, Fidelity, Goods in Transit & Refrigerated Stock
- Personal Accident cover
- Employment Practices Liability
- Legal Expenses, including; Investigations, Breach of Contract, Taxation & Data Protection
“We contacted Kidd Insurance when we needed to increase our Insurance cover. And although there are not many Insurance companies that provide the policy we required the actual cover, and ensuring we had the correct cover was complex. Ian spent time ensuring we understood and had the correct levels of cover in place – taking the time to understand our business requirements.”
Karen Gillie, Office Manager, Foster Care Connect